Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cindy Davis plays Vancouver

Attention all my Vancouver friends!!! My good friend Cindy Davis is playing in your area this coming Friday, May 16 as part of New Music West! She and her band (including her husband and producer, Ryan McLeod) are all phenomenal musicians and great people--I would love to see her have lots of support for this show. She recently released her debut CD, A Year or More, and played two explosive CD release shows at the Metro Theatre here in Victoria (you can read my reviews of both shows here and here--I enjoyed her first show so much that I went the second night as well!). Here are the details of this Friday's show:

New Music West
Libra Room
1608 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
Music Starts at 7:45, Cindy (and band) start at 10:45

Please go out and support a musician that I really, really believe in and love--you all know me to be a music snob who is difficult to impress, but Cindy and Co. are absolutely incredible live, tight, powerful, and transcendent. Her songs lyrics are insightful, her melodies stick in your head (in the best way possible), and she and Ryan are two of the most genuine and wonderful people I have ever met in my life. I have nothing but good things to say about both Cindy's live show and the album, A Year or More, an album that Caitlin and I still play constantly, months after its release.

If you are interested in learning a bit more about Cindy or hearing some of her music, check out her MySpace page and if you'd like to purchase her album, links to the album at CD Baby and iTunes can be found at http://cindydavismusic.com.

No comments: