Tuesday, October 03, 2006

we might as well have moved countries!

Since this is my blog, I have decided that I am going to rant about my frustration with moving to Ontario and all the bureaucratic hoops that my wife and I have had to jump through as well as the red tape that we have had to navigate. No one ever tells you what you need to know, nor does anyone provide you with the necessary information for moving. Often, info that you are given by one source (or province, as the case may be) is contradicted by another. Extended health and vehicle insurance are the primary offenders in this case because everyone seems to be telling you different things. When you finally DO figure out the necessary steps to accomplish your goal, it takes AN ETERNITY to make the necessary appointments or wait in the crappy long lines, just to do the simplest thing. If you think I am annoyed, my wife is apoplectic with rage over how long everything takes out here and the amount of hoops that you need jump through. One of the few instances ever where King Bing is calmer than the Queen...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust me, it would be worse if you were moving countries...

Paige said...

I know what you mean Matt. We were so used to the simplicity of living on an island in the Pacific Ocean all our lives that when we moved to Mississauga we experienced culture shock. Can you believe the price of car insurance over there? We only lasted 3 months in the fish bowl. *smirks

Anonymous said...

oh it sounds awful. you should probably just move back...

michael said...

i'm with daniel. moving countries is worse...

Me: "It's been a year and I haven't heard anything. You said it was likely to take 9 months. Just wanted to touch base and see where things were at?"

THEM: "All time estimates are approximate. We will contact you when we have something to tell you."