Wednesday, October 11, 2006

fighting fatigue

Well, folks, it's official: I am tired. I have been going at a breakneck pace since school started (of necessity) because of both the readings/assignments and the things going on in my life outside of school as a husband, etc. I don't know how anyone can be expected to get everything done and have some sort of meaningful life.

I realize that school is just a gigantic hoop through which I must jump in order to get where I want to go career-wise, but it is tough to be spending 8-12 hours a day at school in order to finish everything that needs doing. I feel for Caitlin because I am sure that she misses me and worries about me. I also put a great deal of pressure on myself because I feel that many family members and friends are really counting on me to do well. To top it off, the pressures of moving and getting everything "Ontarioized" is a real pain in the ass and adds to the stress.

I guess the best I can do is attempt to get to bed earlier, eat well, hit the vitamins, and continue to manage my time the best I can. Anyone who reads this, offer up a prayer for me (and my wife too!).

3 comments:

James Kingsley said...

bummer to hear that schools got you crumpled in a heap in the gutter. hil and i will make sure to toss a few up for ya.

and i thought i'd mention one vital "to do" you seemed to overlook on that list there: don't forget to rock it like gord downie.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, school got you down? Just picture my life at architecture school (8-12 hours? Try 36!) for the past few years - you'll feel better.

Okay, so maybe the 36 staight hours only happened once a year, but that equals three times too many as far as I'm concerned. Luckily for me, thesis year has been much more relaxed so far. I just hope that doesn't come back to haunt me next term. Hey, send a little prayer up for me too please.

nehamashira said...

I remember the 'good ol days' of studying myself into a stupor, writing jibberish that was intended to sound intelligent, while trying to rationalize the exercise by stating "where I would be in five years time anyway". Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel-and it isn't the freight train.