Thursday, September 04, 2008

reflections on my friends The Black Crowes

Last night's Black Crowes' show was awesome. Here's what I learned:

1. Chris Robinson's beard rules. Also, the guy is an incredibly kickass harmonica player--wow!

2. Rich Robinson almost never smiles or looks like he's enjoying himself, but the guy is one of the most talented all-around guitarists I have ever watched.

3. If I want to hone my slide guitar skills, there are few better axemen to learn from than Luther Dickinson, who really can do it all, with slide or without.

4. The Crowes' music is so not in vogue, but those boys can play most bands under the table without trying that hard. The jamming was out-of-this-world!

5. This band does not produce any merchandise that doesn't have pot leaves on it. For me, not a good thing because a) I don't smoke pot and have no desire to and, b) I work with youth whom I do not want to encourage to smoke pot. Therefore, no t-shirt was purchased.

No comments: