Wednesday, July 16, 2008

it's mid-July already??

My calendar says that today is the 16th of July--where the heck has all the time gone? Summer is whizzing by at breakneck speed and I haven't even got to go outside all that much because I am so crazy busy. That old maxim that time seems to speed up after high school is totally true. Where have the past 11 years gone? I am going to be 30 on my next birthday! I can't be 30, I'm still just a kid...

*

In other news, I am pretty stoked to being seeing The Dark Knight on opening night this Friday. I normally don't get particularly excited for movies, but I have been stoked for this one since I heard that it was in production. I thought Batman Begins was fantastic (other than Katie Holmes, who was uber-lame) and so this one promises to be jsut as good or better as Maggie Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger are added to the mix.

*

I am missing EPL futbol in a big way and thus was very excited to hear that pre-season friendlies are beginning to take place. Liverpool fielded what was essentially a reserve squad to win their first friendly against Tranmere this weekend, 1-0. Today they beat Lucerne 2-1 so they are rolling along during this pre-season. September can't come soon enough, at least for this...

*

My wife is hysterical. I can't really relay any of the stories to you, for fear that she will kill me in my sleep, but she just gets funnier and funnier the longer we're married. If you think that she's always the shy, quiet, and sweet person you see in public...well, she is. But she is also blazingly funny, especially when she's irritated or surrounded by incompetence (often in the form of the Renegade Librarian). Man, I love her...

*

Swimming at Durrance Lake has been money--I have been out 3 times in the past week and it just gets better each time. We bought air mattresses and this has been the best investment I have made in the past 5 years. Gold.


Well, back to work I go. Until next time...

No comments: