Thursday, May 22, 2008

Did You Know? vol. 1

Because I have such interesting questions when working on the reference desk, I have decided to start a new ongoing feature on the Bing Dynasty called Did You Know? Each volume of this column will contain an interesting nugget of knowledge that I learned while librarianing, which I will share with you, my loyal readers. Sound good?

Did you know that Arenal Volcano is an active stratovolcano in Costa Rica, the youngest stratovolcano in that country? It has an elevation of 5479 feet (1670 metres) and is found on the shores of Lake Arenal. For more information about Arenal check out the entry for it on the Global Volcanism Program website, found here.

4 comments:

The SPro said...

No, I did not know that!
Thank you so much for sharing.

I will make sure to pass this tidbit of information on to my friends, and impress them with my vast amounts of knowledge.

:]

Emily Gusba said...

I saw Arenal when I was in Costa Rica - it is so pretty!

impactmatt said...

I did not know that... now I do! Go Arenal!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.