Tuesday, September 26, 2006

the joys of HTML

I have to take this course as a requirement of my degree called "Information Systems and Technology" and I completely LOATHE it because I could not have less interest in how computers work, how to design websites, and other crap like that. All I care about is THAT my computer works and that I can ACCESS websites such as www.atu2.com, www.homeofthebing.blogspot.com, www.mattbinghamrules.com and other important sites like that. Yet I am forced to sit through these painful lectures that I can't follow on HTML from a professor who is the nicest lady ever, but whose subject area of expertise I have zero interest in. My friend Michael is sitting beside me and he looks just as lost as me and wishing that he could crawl under a rock. I have one 3 hour lecture (at night no less) per week and a lab that is more useless than the lecture. My prayer is that I can make it through this class and finish all the assignments because I really don't understand what the heck is going on! Help me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Besides writing a paper about the Dewey Decimal System you are now a true library student. Welcome to the club. Second term isn't much better, but this time you have to admit that you chose to take the borning class.