Friday, September 15, 2006

Food Basics, library school antics, and rockin' the ghetto wardrobe

It's Friday night in London and as the children scream in the courtyard and mangy dogs howl at the moon I will recount for you some of the recent goings-on:

To start with, Mrs. Bingham and myself found a sweet grocery store from which to purchase our victuals. It's called Food Basics. The produce is great, the prices are low and they are big on taking care of the environment. We bought some reusable bags and it's a pack-your-own groceries kind of place. We have been thoroughly enjoying our shopping experiences together at the local Food Basics and look forward to more trips there in the future.

Library school is INTENSE. This coming week I have five assignments due and so much reading that I am surprised there are any trees left in the world. I am doing well and making friends (and most likely enemies too!) with my razor sharp wit and smart-ass antics (what's new). My friend Michael is convinced that I am rubbing off on him because he says that he is getting snarkier than perhaps he was a couple weeks ago--gotta love converting new disciples to the Way of the Bing! And to anybody who thought that training to be a librarian involved critiquing the newest John Grisham novel or reading the Harry Potter series, it's doesn't so don't think I am just sitting on my arse out here!

Last week, due to a lack of storage space in our bedroom, Caitlin and I purchased THE GHETTO WARDROBE from our nation's most venerable retail outlet: Canadian Tire. This sucker is made of 100% particle board with an "alder finish" that smacks of quality craftsmanship. We set it up and before we put the 'back' on, I touched it lightly and turned it from a rectangle into a parallelogram! The aforementioned 'back' turned out to be a piece of very thin cardboard (!) that we had to nail on, which actually did add a slight (and I cannot emphasize the word slight too much) degree of structural integrity to it. The instructions recommended that we affix the wardrobe to the wall, but since we had no method of doing that we decided to just not put the doors on so that it does not become too top-heavy! If there is one thing that Caitlin and I have in great quantities between the two of us it's ingenuity!

Well, we are going out for a budget date at Starbucks (thanks Janis and Tim for the Starbucks gift card that makes going out actually possible--you guys are romance gurus!) to bond and also to get away from the Screaming Children of Proudfoot Lane. Hope everyone who reads this is well! Cheers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok there will be no copying and pasting here from one web site to another. As a faithful reader I am disapointed to see the same write up posted 8 minutes later. I will only forgive it this time since you are sooooo busy with "school" a.k.a going to starbucks. Ha ha ha.

Mike Lambert

Anonymous said...

among all the things i have ever been called, this is a first for romance guru!

yesssssssssssss.