Wednesday, November 30, 2005

the joys of housesitting

I have today begun the first of a two week jaunt housesitting for a friend of my mother's. It is going to be a pretty sweet gig, I can tell. They set me up with a laptop that is friggin' sweet (it's a Mac), they have a big soaker tub that I will definitely be taking a bath in one of these days in order to de-stress. I have done quite a lot of housesitting in my short life and would consider myself an expert. I am good with animals, responsible, smart, and handsome, all requirements of a sucessful housesitter. You get paid to live in someone else's house (that is often WAY nicer than your own if they can afford a sitter), often eating their food, sometimes driving their vehicle, and having alot more fun than you might normally be having at your own place. If you have never gotten into housesitting, I highly suggest you try it. It is fun, a change of pace, and potentially lucrative (especially when you get good at it). I am in demand by word-of-mouth. I don't even have to advertise! Now that's talent...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well we ( that is the boys at the house ) will miss you.. I hope you enjoy your time at your new found place of rest.. And don't forget to have a big party there for us... Because whats the point of house sitting if you don't have a party......
Peace and love my brother.....