Monday, October 31, 2005

Retreat

I just returned from the Place Retreat (my church for those who do not know) and it was a great time. My only regret is that the weekend goes by SO quickly and I just wish that it would last longer. Thanks to all those who made it happen and spent so much time getting it ready for us. Open mic was incredible this year, the highest quality musicianship I have seen thus far. Colin McTaggart's "New Years Day", Kingsley's piece on Amy Grant, Randy's Appalachian folk song and my own guitar brilliance (obviously kidding) were the highlights for me. I am sad that it will be my last for a while, but will have great memories from the ones that I have attended. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

James Kingsley said...

yeah, the retreat was pretty fan-dabulous this year. except for that part during the open mic when that newly engaged couple got up and sang some sappy love song together - harmonizing and the like. it was so disgusting i nearly wretched twice before the end of the first verse...

and lest we forget the "car-bashing-pedestrian-loving-rushour-explaining" rap of 1983 proportions delivered by funk-master powley.

Anonymous said...

How could we forget, that which was the comedic brilliance that was M.C. Kung Powley. It will be sad not having you there next year Bing. it is for that reason alone that I am sad we did not get an act together this year, maybe if that sappy couple spared us that public display of romancing . . . practically making love through music, get a room. ;-)

Posted by Jason