Thursday, May 27, 2010

recently overheard/read

"I'm pretty sure I'm the only white person who works at Tim Hortons."

*

Pistachios: the contemporary writer's cigarettes. (from @theshinysea via Twitter)

*

"UNCLE MATT, I'M DRIVING THE TRACTOR!!!" *shrieked gleefully* (and with pictorial evidence!)


*

"Can you help me get on the e-mail?" (by which said person meant 'the internet')

*

"Johnny didn't want us to name our kids Cole and Owen because he thought that people would think 'colon'."

*

"She don't have much hair, does she?" -My dad upon seeing Janet Jackson (via @JesusNeedsNewPR on Twitter)

*

"Oh great, your poodle can jump over stuff. Fantastic." (a highly sarcastic commentary on Circus Gatti rockin' the Cowichan Community Centre in Duncan)

*

I just read the word 'Logo' 3 times, as 'Lego', these are 2 very different contexts; I was puzzled. My inner child is trying to communicate. (from Michelle via Twitter)

No comments: