Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

We just finished putting on a highly successful brunch for my family, including my year-old nephew dressed like a jack o' lantern, here at Casa del Bingham and now are relaxing on the couch, looking forward to a restful remainder of the day.

Much like my pastor Randy, one of the reasons I most love Thanksgiving is that it does not involve "getting" (other than perhaps a bit of overindulgence in foods of the turkey and pumpkin pie variety), but rather taking stock of all the blessings we already have: food, shelter, family, friendship, and a host of other things. It is perhaps my favourite of all holidays because it forces us, whether or not we consider ourselves to be people of faith, to look at all of the good in our lives.

So I want to wish you, all my readers, a happy Thanksgiving. All of God's blessings to you this Fall season and as we head toward Christmas!

No comments: