Thursday, May 07, 2009

Spring appraisal

Things I have in abundance:
  • sense of humour
  • irreverent/snarky attitude
  • spousal awesomeness (as in my wife is rad, not I am rad)
  • librarian skillz
  • pretty good cheekbones
  • a toothy grin and a jocular laugh
  • a memory like a steel trap
  • a lot of band-aids (like, A LOT)
  • good taste in music
  • fluency in sarcasm
  • clothes in navy blue
Things I lack:
  • patience
  • bow-hunting skills
  • big muscles
  • a tan
  • a permanent job
  • hipster chic
  • mechanical/handyman skills
  • an aura of mystery
  • the ability to focus for long periods

Final assessment: I think I come out looking okay, but with a lot of room for improvement. I need to get some more "manly man skills" and perhaps acquire fewer articles of clothing in navy blue in the future.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The things you have in abundance are very good, I would also add:

Compassion
Honesty
Maple Leaves Paraphernalia

On what you lack..

Tans are overrated and generally considered to be bad for the skin...embrace your pasty destiny!

bow-hunting skills <-- this makes you sad? I lack ninja skills, but I'm not that bothered about it on a regular basis :P

a permanent job <-- yeah, I hear you.

hipster chic ... can also be overrated, I occasionally feel like a hipster d-bag wannabe, especially when I'm ordering my 4 part drink at starbucks.

an aura of mystery - when you are 'mysterious' or 'hard to figure out' people just get irritated and accuse you of being 'cold' or 'difficult'...I may just be projecting here though.. ;)

Good post, so good, I will very likely copy(steal) it in the near future.

Karen said...

You Librarian folk are so funny. I always need Band-Aids, so we should hang out....

The SPro said...

Isn't it redundant to say "alot of bandaids" under the heading "Things I have in abundance"? 'An abundance of a lot of bandaids' sounds slightly weird. I would just say that you have an abundance of bandaids.
But that's just me.

You have an abundance of weirdness. :] But, coming from me, that's a good thing.