Monday, April 20, 2009

April so far

Well, as many of you know, I am really loving our new home and it's actually made a really big difference to how I spend my time. I'm reading and writing now more than I have in a long time; when you have a beautiful living room with an abundance of natural light, it makes you want to sit and enjoy it!

I've been listening to the Hip's new album, We Are The Same, pretty constantly as well as a lot of Neko Case (Fox Confessor Brings the Flood and Middle Cyclone, her newest) and M. Ward's output (thanks MJ!), all of which have been inspiring.  My issue is that I am not playing enough music, pulling out my guitar and messing around on it.  I know that I need to be doing a lot more of that.  

As I mentioned above, I'm starting to write a lot more than I was before; I have found it cathartic to get a lot of things down on paper that I've been both thinking about and troubled about.  As I've told one friend, I have "a rich inner life" (which is our code for the fact that we both think we're a bit crazy!) and so it's good that I can scribble down things that have happened to me, that make me laugh, or with which I struggle.   Seven or eight years ago, I spent a lot of time doing this, but for whatever reason, I stopped.  Now I am committing to try to keep it up.  

Before I sign off of this fairly brief post, I wanted to send out birthday wishes to both my stepfather and TSB, two people who have influenced me more than almost anyone else!  Happy birthday to you both and thanks for all your investment in my life!

No comments: