Saturday, December 13, 2008

my New Year's resolution

It may be a bit early for making New Year's resolutions, but I am making this public so that I am held accountable by those who love me most: come January, I am going to start taking all the necessary steps to begin running again. That is probably going to mean a lot of physio, beginning to eat healthier (though I wouldn't say I eat poorly by any stretch), cross training (perhaps even the dreaded gym--yuck!) as well as actually putting my runners on and getting back out there. Most of you know how passionate I am about running, but after hurting myself numerous times, including both knees and one of my ankles (almost all in freak accidents that never should have happened), I have been really scared to go back to it for fear of further injuring myself. However, I miss running so much, realize how good it is for me (physically, emotionally, and even spiritually), and I know it is easily the athletic pursuit for which I display the most natural talent (if I do say so myself). Despite my anxieties about returning to running, I am excited for what January brings!

Finishing the 2004 Lands End Half Marathon:

No comments: