Saturday, September 27, 2008

a sweet score!

I made a rare trip to Value Village yesterday after work (Alan was going there and he was my ride home, so I had no choice!) and it was DEFINITELY worth the trip since I scored a copy of The New York Public Library Desk Reference for $4.17, including tax. Yes, it is a 1993 edition, but it's in perfect shape and the majority of the information in it hasn't changed one iota. It has absolutely everything you could imagine in it, from Morse Code to a list of 94 Acceptable Two-Letter Scrabble Words. This is going to provide me with so many answers, not to mention hours of fascinating reading.

P.S. Yeah, we listened to that horrible live Dylan album all the way home as well, laughing like a couple of idiots the whole way!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

sweet. where do i get my copy? i definitely need those 2-letter scrabble words. "qi" can only get you so far...