Friday, August 22, 2008

10 random facts

I was thinking about some rather random, yet interesting, facts about myself to share. This is because I am incredibly egocentric, self-absorbed and vain. Here they are:

1. The number 17 is my favourite number. It was my number in baseball when I was a kid and I've always like the way it looks.

2. To the best of my knowledge, I have never broken a bone.

3. I didn't get stung by a bee until I was 23 years old. True story.

4. The last time I was admitted to hospital for anything I was about 2 years old. I will be 30 in six months. That's a pretty good run of staying out of hospital.

5. I am deathly afraid of power tools (save lawnmowers), especially after my uncle, who is a very skilled and experienced carpenter, cut off his finger a few years ago. I will be paying people to do this work for me when the time comes.

6. In my teens I predicted I would get married when I was 27 years old. I got married when I was 27 years old. Coincidence? I think not.

7. I do not like loose-fitting shoes, hence why I could never wear skate shoes. I have weak ankles that roll easily, so I like a shoe that hugs and supports my feet.

8. I am an extremely fast reader and was reading miles above my grade level, even as a young boy. I started reading when I was 3 years old, which is pretty exceptional.

9. Everyone seems to find this gross, but I really love Clamato juice. It's so tangy and tasty.

10. I love Switzerland. Along with Canada, it's my favourite country and I could see myself living there if I didn't want to be here so much, near my family and friends. Their trains are ALWAYS on time and I love the orderliness of things there. It appeals to my uptight, Type A nature. Besides, it's freakin' gorgeous...

No comments: