Sunday, June 01, 2008

blocked! And some other stuff.

I have writer's block. I have nothing (new) of note to comment on, debate, or rant about for the first time in a long time. I am used to spilling with ideas and then choosing a select few on which to write. I don't even have a volume two of Did You Know? because lately no one has asked me anything involving interesting facts while I have been working. It's mostly been reader's advisory over the past week, which is not my forte.

*

Condoleeza Rice loves Kiss. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to American political figures.

*

I scored sweet 12th row floor seats to the Black Crowes at the Royal Theatre on Friday. I am going with 6 friends and we are gonna rock out, hardcore. I am on Rich Robinson's side of the stage, which means a full-on guitar personal clinic in guitar riff-ology and kickass-edness.

*

My friend Michael and I (and some others) were talking about music decades last night. We concluded that the best were 60's, 70's and 90's. The 80's were okay, but the first decade of the new millenium, we decided, has been the worst since pop/rock became a serious artistic medium of expression. Sure there's been some amazing stuff, but where are those artists like U2, R.E.M., Zeppelin, who defined a period of music? We decided that the closest thing has been Coldplay. Are you curious as to what we decided was the biggest hallmark of music for this decade? American Idol. And that's sad.

*

I got my official name badge for work the other day. It says "M. Bingham" and then underneath, "Librarian". I am dead chuffed. It's nice to finally actually be a librarian rather than spending hours and hours talking about being a librarian. Interviews for maternity leaves are coming up within the next couple weeks...


That's all for now, folks...

2 comments:

impactmatt said...

hmmmm.... when you have "little" to say it ends up being a lot!!! :) keep rockin

Anonymous said...

Why does puerto rico get to vote in the primary election and not in the federal electIon? Wikipedia people, WIKIPEDIA! Politics for everyone.

Anonymous, Michael Lambert... oh I mean Superman.