Saturday, April 26, 2008

first day

My first day of training at my new job went smashingly well. It was was essentially a lot of touring around, asking questions, and meeting people (many of which I already knew quite well from when I was previously employed by GVPL). It was actually really nice to be back in a library and speaking librarian-ese with my new colleagues. I also enjoyed watching my step-father's ridiculous smile/smirk whenever I walked by him during the tour around the library--he just thinks the fact that I will be working down there is hilarious/awesome. I am really stoked to be back on staff at GVPL and my old colleagues and friends from the library seem genuinely excited and happy to have my back, this time in a professional capacity, which makes me very happy.

*

I watched Reign Over Me last night and, other than the somewhat unresolved ending, I very much enjoyed it. I thought that both Don Cheadle (who I always enjoy) and Adam Sandler were excellent and of course, along with the original version, I love the cover of the Who's "Reign o'er Me" by Pearl Jam that plays over the ending credits--Eddie Vedder's vocal is a stunning tribute to Daltrey's original and is full of fire and passion.

1 comment:

impactmatt said...

glad to hear that the first day went well... read on!!!