Thursday, February 14, 2008

a need for refocusing

For fairly obvious reasons I have had a lot of time to think lately and I realized that I often have my priorities ass backwards. When you're in my (and Caitlin's) boat, the two things that tend to dominate your mind are career and getting into the real estate market. Now, in and of themselves, these two things are not bad, but it has slowly begun to dawn on me that they dominate far too much of my thoughts and have almost become the purpose of life. I could not be more wrong about that; the purpose of my life is not to buy a house and get a good job, but rather to love and serve God and people because that's what I was put on earth to do. My status as a husband, family member, and friend is far more important than my job (or lack thereof in this case) or real estate ownership. Like my good friend Randy has often said about his life, I want the success of my life to be measured in the depth and quality of my relationships above all else. I need to constantly be readjusting my focus onto what's really important in this life because, in the grand scheme of things, real estate ownership and and my career are not what I am going to be judged on, are they?

4 comments:

Mark Koopman said...

Jesus loves to see a little equity on the resume

James Kingsley said...

you're right man: you'll be judged on a good wardrobe and nice car.

;)

Anonymous said...

amen brother... earing brownie points with the Big Man!

~vive le quebec!

AJ Renton said...

Amen and amen.

This coming from a person who does own real estate and has a great career. :)

But it's still true!!

Good work B!