Thursday, September 21, 2006

attempts on my life

Everywhere I go, there are attempts to kill me! If it is not by crazed London motorists with no sense of the rules of the road, it's LIS professors with their insane amounts of reading and papers assigned. Anyone who figured that going to library school was going to be easy for me because of my previous experience working in the library, YOU WERE WRONG! They have me constantly on the run with all the work they're piling on, from essays on the philosophy of information to assignments cataloguing books in the most minute detail possible. I'm telling you, the life of a librarian-in-training is no picnic! That being said, you will not finding me longing for the 10 hour-a-day, thankless, dead-end slog that I spent the last four years of my life putting up with at Kids Klub, wanting desperately to escape but not knowing how! I like school, it's just VERY demanding and busy. But hey, I'll take Dewey over a bunch of screaming rugrats any day of the week! Until next time...

3 comments:

Mama K said...

Bingman, The problem is....
motorists in Vic drive 10 KM BELOW the speed limit, only half the population can see OVER their steering wheel and their reflexes are so slow they aren't fast enough to cut someone off, let alone maneuver a u-turn. Between senior citizens, old asian drivers, and dope smokers Victoria has some of the most aggravating drivers in canada. When I moved here from Winnipeg (15 years ago)I hated driving here. Don't worry you'll get used to it, and become a "normal" driver like the rest of canada. :o)

Paige said...

I'm with you mama (thumbs up) Victoria- gotta love it... I'm sorry I didn't say bye to you Matt when I saw you standing in the line at Hillside mall- I didn't know you were scheduled to leave so soon- miss your great big smile already. (Well- we waved so that was the goodbye- enjoy London- it's probably a season just like everything else.)

Shannara said...

and you keep on diggin yourself deeper and deeper with this kids klub thing man.
wow