Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Summer of Matt: an update

As July trundles along, I find myself reflecting on how things are working out for me a few weeks into the Summer of Matt. I must admit to enjoying not having to work at Kids Klub anymore. My stress level is beginning to diminish, though it has not dropped drastically due to the fact that in 23 days I am getting married. Weddings are so stressful! Anyways, much of my time has been spent helping Caitlin to pack, assisting in the Smith family move, and doing errands for the wedding. I have had my ass dragged up Mount Doug by Jennifer Renton at a speed at which I had not previously attempted. My big sister is in shape! I have been cycling more, seen Sam Roberts in concert, had some pretty extreme cribbage games with Buzzsaw, and got alot of reading done. It's been good and I am looking forward to the next couple weeks! I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This doesn't have anything to do with your post, but I thought I'd drop in and mention that I finished reading the Power of One last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation (and for the book itself). I'm not surprised that you liked it--reminded me of John Irving in some surprising ways.

Anonymous said...

If by extreme cribbage games, you mean losing the majority of the time, then yes they have been extreme. Alas, the apprentice has become the master. Now that I have said this you will unboubtably whoop my ass every game.


Mike Lambert