Monday, July 24, 2006

regaining my love for America's national game

I have really been loving baseball again, like I did when I was a kid. The Rentons, who I have been staying with for the last couple months, are big baseball fans and so I have been watching it both on television and live (Andy and brother Chris both play in a men's league for the same team). I forgot how much I enjoyed the sport until recently. The crack of the bat, a great curve, sliding into third after stretching a double into a triple...ahh, all so satisfying. While I am sure it will never surpass my love of hockey, it is nice that baseball has become such a pleasure to me once again. Anyways, I'm off to the ballpark...

1 comment:

julia said...

Finally, somebody who appreciates baseball the way I do! I just finished off my day by curling up under a blanket and watching the Mariner's game--doesn't get any better than that.